This year’s festival features many new offerings and the return of some past favorites. The Bishop Victorian Hotel, first opened in 1891, is partnering with us this year and showcasing their historical collections. Patrons will get to attend some presentations in the hotel’s Vancouver room. High Tea will be served at the Old Consulate Inn and the Commander’s Beach House. Come be wowed by the Fashion Show and watch the steam launches make their triumphant return to our shores for the festival and for your viewing pleasure.
Exhibits will range from fencing demonstrations to presentations of bicycles through the ages, including the iconic “penny farthing” bicycle with its enormous front wheel. The crew of the USS Tahoma, fresh from patrolling the waterways of the Civil War, will be present with their equipment on display. Tours of historic Port Townsend will be available, including new offerings for the more adventurous.
- Presentations – Historical lectures and demonstrations on subjects ranging from Victorian navigation to architectural history, vintage firearms and more!
- Fashion Show – A perennial favorite, vintage clothing and finery for men and women
- Victorian Ball – A night of dancing and entertainment in grand old Victorian style with live music and a mixture of called and open dances
- Victorian High Teas – A celebration of civilization’s most dignified pastime, High Tea will be offered at two Victorian houses.
- Museums – A variety of museums and sites of interest ranging from the Commander’s Quarters and the Old City Jail. Walk the corridors of Port Townsend’s historical treasured buildings.
- Walking Tour – Scoundrels, Sailors, and Settlers History Walk .